• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Eye problems, possibly from IV drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoot It Up

Greenlighter
Over the last few weeks I have been having problems with my left eye on a daily basis. I have never had any problems like this before, and it just so happened to begin during an IV Roxicodone binge that lasted about 2 weeks in which I was injecting 5-8 30mg Mallinkrodt Roxicodone pills. I have been shooting heroin for the last 4 months or so and that was all that I had injected up until my supply disappeared and was forced to begin shooting oxycodone to keep away withdrawal.
My question is, is it possible that because I was shooting pills without a micron-filter(I know, bad idea, its just about the stupidest thing a drug user can do) even though I always filtered at least 4 times with cotton, that I may have got some particles stuck in the viens or arteries in my left eye?
What happens is my eye begins to twitch and it feels like I have something on my eye, like an eyelash, but I look and there is nothing there. Earlier today it was so bad that I felt like my left eye felt like it was about to start pouring out tears and I could barely hold it open, I used eye drops and it helped. It usually lasts for anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or more.
It happens at least once a day and sometimes more. It happens quite often after smoking weed, which I also do daily, any possible way this can be the culprit or contributing to the condition?
I know that I should see a doctor about it, but I have no health insurance and no money to see one.

I don't think you have any particulates in your eye...

I am still having these problems on a daily basis, it's been over a month now that this has been going on. It seems to be more noticable immediately after injecting anything. Maybe has to do with increased blood pressure? Any ideas?

I think all the particulate matter gets filtered by the capillaries in your lungs before it could get to your eyes, but I Guess it is possible.

Your lungs filter like 80% of your blood every second, so they should catch everything. And when a series of capillaries in your lungs gets plugged and dies you can't immediately tell or anything, its a gradual effect that only catches up with you years down the line.

Your lungs filter like 80% of your blood every second, so they should catch everything.

Not remotely even close to true. It takes 70-100 beats or about one minute to circulate your blood supply. 80% of your blood going through your lungs every second? Absolute nonsense, not remotely close. The blood your heart sent out on second one wouldn't make it all the way around and back through your lungs for about a minute.

Cannabis reduces intraocular pressure, but Ionno why that would affect your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.